Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sharing my Journey

The frigid water feels like an attack on my entire body as I dive into the pool. My heart races. Gasping for air, I force myself to stay afloat and move forward. At first I struggle, but then somewhere deep inside I feel a voice that soothes me, comforts me, and guides me.
Stoking and flowing smoothly over and around my entire body, the water refreshes me and I feel like a seal at home in my bright blue pool of water. I breathe in and see the sun, the coulds, and birds above. I breathe out into the water below and sunbeams twinkle as if God is winking at me.
I wish all moments in life were so clear but it is easy to forget success is not about money, travel is not about a destination, sex is not about an orgasam, beauty is not about appearance, and health is not just about not being sick. I think we all fall from our intended path or clarity sometimes and it feels a little like swimming through a class V rapid.
Despite living in a world with more resources and information than ever before, everyday I see more people than ever before struggling with their health. I see patients stuggle with unanswered questions and lack of clarity. Often patients seek me out because they wnat to share my clarity. But when I say something like, "your cholesterol is more likely high because of your high sugar consumption than the eggs you had for breakfast", or "getting the flu isn't a bad thing", or "your pain could be due to toxicity issues", I often get a blank stare response that makes me feel like a round peg in the square hole of society.
So here I am standing on the edge of the pool with you trying to figure out how to teach you to swim. I know your kick, your stroke, your breath, and even how the water feels will be different for you than it is for me. Still I hope that the creation of my own blog will help you discover your own clarity, so that we all may be seals in the pool of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment