Monday, June 21, 2010

Healty Choices

Sitting down to her 'balanced' breakfast of coke with a piece of pie, my mom laughs when I look and her and say, "When it comes to health, I feel like a born again Christian in a house full of athiests." Then I do my best to resist the temptation of eating pie for breakfast as well.... homemade apple pie.
A lot of people think healthy choices come easy for me, and surely they come easier the healthier my life becomes. I know I feel better when I exercise, rest, and eat well. I see people everyday suffering terribly because they have made unhealthy decisions, and they inspire me to be healthier.
Early in my journey I met a woman, Jo Ellen, who relentlessly encouraged my passion in nutrition. Over the years I have known her I have seen her and the product she sells (Juice Plus) play an insturmental role in improving the lives/health of many people. Not only because Juice Plus is an excellent product, but because of the education and support they offer not only to their customers, but to everyone.
It has been very helpful in my journey to surround myself with people who share my passion for health, and to share my passion with others. I have a long list of friends who encourage me as much or more than I encourage them, by words, by example, and sharing our unique experiences. There is an old saying that goes 'you are the company you keep'.
If you have a spouse who smokes, it is a lot harder to quit. If you are an alcoholic, you probably shouldn't work in a bar. And if you are a sugar addict like me and most Americans..... that pie sure sounds tempting.

NOTE: Sept. 10th, 2010 Gina Carmicheal will be hosting a health talk. If you want to go, or are interested in future events she will be hosting give her a call (512) 773-5300

No comments:

Post a Comment